Tuesday 9 February 2010

Wowzers

I’m getting very slack at keeping my blog updated, things have been hectic lately and I’ve had a less than average week. As per my last post, I started the Cambridge diet last week and made it successfully to weigh in day without cheating, but not without any trauma. I caught a cold last week and by Saturday was feeling really rough – all I wanted was a warm sandwich or roll of some kind, the craving was absolute torture! I’ve been staying at my parents the past few days and that has really been a test of my strength, but I’m just working through it, somehow!

So back to the weigh in, my starting weight on Sunday 31 Jan was 18 stones and 11 lb according to the consultant’s scales (which is what I will be going on from here on). Last night, I was 17 stones and 12 lb… so a pretty big loss of 13lb in total for my first week. I was shocked to say the least and the consultant almost fell off her chair. The tape measure isn’t giving up the clues easy though, it looks like I’ve lost most of it from my thighs and bum which I’m not complaining about – that said, I would like to have seen some inches lost from my waistline which is exactly the same as it was last week! Friends and family say they’re seeing a difference, I’m still waiting.

I’m getting increasingly stressed out with using different scales and have decided to completely avoid them until I’m at my weekly weigh in, and then only use the consultant’s. On my scales at home, I am 21lb lighter now than I was on 1st Jan 2010 – I am extremely pleased and even if the actual weight amount is wrong, the loss I am sure is correct.

So I’m now going into week two of Cambridge and I am 12lb away from being the weight I was three years ago, and 5 stones and 12lb away from my target weight of 12 stones. I bought some ‘target’ jeans over the weekend, they are so slim, I cannot WAIT! to get into those babies!

3 comments: