Monday 17 May 2010

Up yours, I’ll be so hot when I’m finished you’ll be crying yourself to sleep at night!


After extensive soul searching and taking some time out to reflect on what I want… Who am I kidding? After extensive overeating over the last three months of blog absence, and some much enjoyed time spent doing sweet FA, I am back. And I mean business (again).

This really must be the millionth time I have started dieting again. I have absolutely nothing to suggest that it will actually happen this time. After a mildly upsetting encounter with a member of the opposite sex this weekend, I have once again been propelled forward into my usual, ‘Up yours, I’ll be so hot when I’m finished you’ll be crying yourself to sleep at night!’ attitude. I’d like for this enthusiasm to last, as much as I hate the source of it; I know I shouldn’t feel like I have to do this to please others but anyone who says they aren’t, is lying. Most of them anyway.

So where are we at? My tape measure has long since disappeared but I can tell you that I’m currently sitting at 18 stones and one pound. Weirdly enough I have only put on a couple of pounds in the last few months – I think this is a combination of being extremely stressed at work, and only ever having time for a usually unhealthy lunch. I never have breakfast, rarely have dinner and have fast food at least once at the weekend, sometimes more.

I am told by those around me that I appear to still be losing so will take some measurements soon and see how I am fairing from when I last did this in February.

I’ve resurrected the skinny jeans I was oh so intent on squeezing myself into and they are SO much smaller than I remember, what the hell was I thinking? I am fucking miserable today to be frank but if this is what it takes to get my ass in gear then give me a double!

A few wise people once told me, some of whom read this blog back in February, that the only way to do this was moderate exercise and healthy eating (something along those lines). Anyway, they are all correct, I know and knew this but find it very difficult to stick to these plans if I don’t know what’s coming next. Weight Watchers helped with that but it was bloody expensive and to be honest the food was vile – cardboard crisps? No thanks mate!

So this time, it’s all about healthier eating, three meals and two snacks a day, and resisting all things carb and chocolate (with thanks in the inspiration side of it to Alex and Jo!)

God help me.

1 comment:

  1. yaaay you're back! Glad you're going for the healthy eating and exercise route, Its not about these unsustainable starvation techniques... not for me anyway, I love food far too much :P

    Have a look at these stickies, they're very helpful:

    http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/chatroom/topic/44505

    http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/chatroom/topic/44269

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete